Is your Mac constantly prompting you that your disk is full? Use these 6 methods to fix it easily
After using Mac computers for a long time, Mac users, especially MacBook users, will often receive the "Disk is almost full" prompt. Here are a few tips on how to solve this problem.
Method 1: Clean up the cache files of your Mac computer
In fact, cache files are files that help Macs run more smoothly, so deleting them won't have any effect, but more of them will take up a lot of space.
1. Open the Finder window, and then select Go to in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
2, in the drop-down menu, select "Go to folder..."
3. In the pop-up window, type " ? / Library / Caches ".
4. Delete the files/folders that take up the maximum amount of space.
Method 2: Delete the language pack grid of the program
Many applications come with other languages that you may not need, so you should delete these useless files to clear up the space.
1, open the "Finder" window, click the "Applications" in the list on the left.
2. Select any application on the right and right-click "Show package contents".
3. Go to "Catalog > Resources", find the files ending with ".lproj", and choose to delete the unwanted language files.
Method 3: Delete useless backups
1. Open the "Finder" window, and then select "Go" in the menu bar.
2. Click "Go to Folder..." 3. Type "? / Library / Application Support / MobileSync / Backup /" to delete all useless system backups to free up more disk space.
Method 4: Remove Mac system software updates
1. Open "Finder".
2. Select "Go to menu bar".
3. Select "Go to Folder..."
4. Enter "? / Library / iTunes / iPad Software Updates" or "? / Library / iTunes / iPhone Software Updates".
Method 5: Empty the Mac wastepaper basket
1. Right-click the "Wastepaper Basket" icon.
2. Then select the "Securely empty wastepaper basket" option.
3. Next, we will be prompted if we want to permanently delete the data files stored in the wastebasket.
4. Please click the "Clear Waste Basket" button to continue.
Method 6: Use CleanMyMac X (Mac junk cleaner system optimization tool)
CleanMyMac X is one of the most professional and powerful Macos system cleanup and optimization tools, an all-in-one advanced program uninstaller and cleaner, which can clean up all those useless files in your system in just two simple steps and save your precious disk space.