NVIDIA GeForce 516.40 WHQL Release
On Wednesday, Nvidia released version 516.40 of its WHQL graphics driver. The new driver will bring zero-day optimization to Epic's Fall Guys: Free for All, which will be available on June 21, 2022. For those interested, download the GeForce Experience app or visit NVIDIA's official website.
NVIDIA's 516.40 WHQL driver has added light chase support for Jellyman, Jurassic World: Evolution 2, and the 2/3/7 Resident Evil games, as well as support for the NVIDIA Reflex in ICARUS.
Here's what NVIDIA fixes in version 516.40 of the WHQL driver:
- ● Enscape related -- Fixed an issue where shadows might not render correctly.
- ● Advanced Optimus Dynamic Display Switch - Fixed an issue where brightness Settings might not be applied correctly on some Lenovo laptops.
- ● Fixed an issue where the Club 3D CAC-1085 adapter could only achieve a maximum 4K resolution @ 60Hz refresh rate.
- Known issues with version 516.40 WHQL driver:
- ● When using non-native resolution, HDR can be turned on and off in the game, resulting in unstable game.
- ● GeForce RTX 3090 Ti display may not detect problems with HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S and Pimax 8Kx virtual reality headsets.
- ● Videos played on Microsoft Edge may turn green when recovering from hibernation or booting with NVIDIA Image Scaling enabled with FastBoot.
- ● DirectX 12 related -- Shadowplay recording may be overexposed after HDR is enabled in Windows Display Settings.
- ● Assassin's Creed origins game related -- the screen may flicker when the character is underwater near the ship.
- ● If DSR/DLDSR is enabled, the display flickers briefly when waking up from sleep.